As a follow up to my earlier post to Relationship Building, I will share a few points on what I learnt at a Mentorship session recently about the importance of Trust in relationships.
1. Communicate – Honest and frequent communication builds trust, but when communication dies, the relationship dies also.
2. Keep Promises – Do what you say you will do. Make and keep commitment.
3. Weigh your actions before making them. It takes a lot of time to build trust and just a moment of poor decision to loose it. It may never be regained to the original position even in cases of possible reconciliation.
4. Be transparent – when you do the wrong thing, admit it.
5. Show empathy – People trust you when they know that you care about their well being.
6. Practice forgiveness. Remember that we all make mistakes.
Trust generates commitment, commitment fosters teamwork and teamwork produces result.
What do you think?